Posted by Nick Day on 15 Dec 2011
The Government has recently announced that the long awaited SRT will now be delayed and will not be introduced until April 2013.
We are sending a separate communication to our clients alerting them to this, but please contact us if you have any doubts as to how this will impact your tax residence position. Out assumption at present is that the “old” rules (a mixture mainly of HMRC practices and law) will apply until 5 April 2013, although there have been calls in some quarters for it to be possible to “elect in” to the new rules previously proposed, from 6 April 2012.
- Property Partnership Incorporation and SDLT
- Deemed UK Domicile Reforms 2017
- Overseas Pension Changes 6 April 2017
- Overseas Workday Relief (OWR) – Relief for non-UK business travel
- Top 10 tax tips for expats moving to the UK