Posted by Nick Day on 15 Dec 2011
Statutory Residence Test (SRT)
The Government has recently announced that the long awaited SRT will now be delayed and will not be introduced until April 2013.
We are sending a separate communication to our clients alerting them to this, but please contact us if you have any doubts as to how this will impact your tax residence position. Out assumption at present is that the “old” rules (a mixture mainly of HMRC practices and law) will apply until 5 April 2013, although there have been calls in some quarters for it to be possible to “elect in” to the new rules previously proposed, from 6 April 2012.
- Property Partnership Incorporation and SDLT
- Non-Resident Landlords – UK Tax Update
- Tax Relief For Residential Mortgages
- Top 10 Expat Tax Tips for Individuals Moving to the UK
- Overseas Pension Changes 6 April 2017