Posted by Nick Day on 25 Aug 2011
Swiss Bank Accounts Hit by Tax Deal
A deal between HMRC and the Swiss authorities was announced on Wednesday following a similar Swiss / German arrangement earlier this month.
Whilst account holder anonymity will be maintained, from 2013 onwards the Swiss authorities will tax UK citizen account holders who have connected assets with undisclosed tax liabilities and forward those taxed sums to HM Treasury.
To read the full story on the Financial Times website please click here – www.ft.com
Domicile and Offshore Taxation Team
To discuss how this move might affect you or your clients and how Tax Innovations can help, please do not hesitate to contact our specialist Domicile and Offshore Taxation team by calling 01962 856 990, emailing email@example.com.
- Property Partnership Incorporation and SDLT
- Overseas Pension Changes 6 April 2017
- Top 10 tax tips for expats moving to the UK
- Tax on Lump Sum Payments from Foreign Pensions
- Qualifying Non-UK Pension Schemes (QNUPS)