Posted by Nick Day on 25 Aug 2011
Swiss Bank Accounts Hit by Tax Deal
A deal between HMRC and the Swiss authorities was announced on Wednesday following a similar Swiss / German arrangement earlier this month.
Whilst account holder anonymity will be maintained, from 2013 onwards the Swiss authorities will tax UK citizen account holders who have connected assets with undisclosed tax liabilities and forward those taxed sums to HM Treasury.
To read the full story on the Financial Times website please click here – www.ft.com
Domicile and Offshore Taxation Team
To discuss how this move might affect you or your clients and how Tax Innovations can help, please do not hesitate to contact our specialist Domicile and Offshore Taxation team by calling 01962 856 990, emailing email@example.com.
- The Import One-Stop Shop (IOSS) for EU VAT
- UK Property Sales: Capital Gains Tax for Non-Residents
- Late Tax Return Penalty Pushed Back
- Capital Gains on Residential Property
- The UK Statutory Residence Test is coming!