Posted by Nick Day on 15 Dec 2011
Self Assessment Tax Returns
We have already reminded our clients that new automatic penalties apply to late filed 2010-11 Tax Returns, even where no tax is owed at the filing date, 31st January 2012. Please don’t be caught out by the new rules and make sure you file on time!
If you have not previously registered with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) to submit Self Assessment Tax Returns, and need to file your 2010-2011 Return by 31 January, you are already running out of time, as HMRC say they need several weeks to process registration applications.
Please note that it is important to keep your tax records for at least six years in most cases, to support the accuracy of the figures reported on your Tax Return in case of enquiry.
- Tax Relief For Residential Mortgages
- Top 10 Expat Tax Tips for Individuals Moving to the UK
- Overseas Pension Changes 6 April 2017
- Non-Resident Landlords – UK Tax Update
- UK Self Assessment Tax Return Filing and Penalties