Bespoke, Experienced and Dynamic Expatriate Tax Services.
We have over thirty years of expatriate tax experience gained in big firm environments but have the flexibility to give swift, cost effective advice that the big firms are unable to provide. Our bespoke service allows us to adapt rapidly to legislation that is constantly changing.
Our expat tax service is a growing and already key component of the personal tax department. Examples of our expertise and recent cases include:
- Determining UK tax residence and domicile status on coming to the UK.
- Planning for arrival in the UK including setting up compliant offshore bank accounts.
- Payroll services including Modified PAYE for expat employees, and preparation / filing of forms P11D, PAYE Settlement Agreements (PSAs), etc.
- “Overseas Work Day” relief claims for temporary residents including advice on how to record overseas business travel and remittance rules.
- Remittance planning for non-domiciled individuals resident in the UK to avoid the UK’s “mixed fund” rules relating to offshore sources of income and gains.
- Determining whether non-domiciled individuals should file UK Tax Returns on the “Arising Basis” or the “Remittance Basis”.
- Advice regarding the Remittance Basis Charge (RBC) for longer term UK residents, including the nomination of non-UK income/gains for the purposes of the RBC.
- Determining non-residence status on leaving the UK and advising on the impact of the UK Statutory Residence Test introduced in April 2013.
- Advice to non-resident landlords renting out UK properties.
- Foreign Tax Credit Claims.
- Establishing treaty tax residence and preparing treaty exemption/credit claims.
- Registering for UK “Self Assessment” Tax Return filing.
- Preparation of annual UK Tax Returns and filing these on-line with HM Revenue & Customs.
- Determining whether UK National Insurance payments are due and obtaining social security certificates of exemption.
- Determining tax treatment of non-UK pension scheme participation.
- More bespoke offshore pension etc. planning if required.
- Determining treatment of employee share plan entitlements and interaction with UK capital gains tax rules.
- Touring Tax – Foreign entertainers and sports people.
These are just a few of the expatriate tax issues that Tax Innovations can help you with. Our dedicated team of experienced personal tax advisors are ready to advise you on expatriate and non-domicile issues.
Specialist Expatriate Tax Services
If you would like more information regarding expatriate tax services, please contact Tax Innovations on 01962 856 990 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For an initial consultation please call us on 01962 856 990 or visit our contact page.