Bespoke, Experienced and Dynamic Expat Tax Services
We have over thirty years of expat tax experience gained in big firm environments but have the flexibility to give swift, cost-effective advice that the big firms are unable to provide. Our bespoke service allows us to adapt rapidly to legislation that is constantly changing.
Our expat tax service is a growing and already key component of the personal tax department. Examples of our expertise and recent cases include:
- Determining UK tax residence and domicile status on coming to the UK.
- Planning for arrival in the UK including setting up compliant offshore bank accounts.
- Payroll services including Modified PAYE for expat employees, and preparation/filing of forms P11D, PAYE Settlement Agreements (PSAs), etc.
- Overseas Work Day relief claims for temporary residents including advice on how to record overseas business travel and remittance rules.
- Remittance planning for non-domiciled individuals resident in the UK to avoid the UK’s “mixed fund” rules relating to offshore sources of income and gains.
- Determining whether non-domiciled individuals should file UK Tax Returns on the “Arising Basis” or the “Remittance Basis”.
- Advice regarding the Remittance Basis Charge (RBC) for longer-term UK residents, including the nomination of non-UK income/gains for the purposes of the RBC.
- Determining non-residence status on leaving the UK and advising on the impact of the UK Statutory Residence Test introduced in April 2013.
- Advice to non-resident landlords renting out UK properties.
- Foreign Tax Credit Claims.
- Establishing treaty tax residence and preparing treaty exemption/credit claims.
- Registering for UK “Self Assessment” Tax Return filing.
- Preparation of annual UK Tax Returns and filing these on-line with HM Revenue & Customs.
- Determining whether UK National Insurance payments are due and obtaining social security certificates of exemption.
- Determining tax treatment of non-UK pension scheme participation.
- More bespoke offshore pension planning if required.
- Determining treatment of employee share plan entitlements and interaction with UK capital gains tax rules.
- Touring Tax – Foreign entertainers and sports people.
These are just a few of the expatriate tax issues that Tax Innovations can help you with. Our dedicated team of experienced personal tax advisors are ready to advise you on expatriate and non-domicile issues.
Specialist Expatriate Tax Advice