Posted by Nick Day on 08 Mar 2012
The Government’s proposed Statutory Residence Test has been delayed until April 2013 but it if you are considering becoming non-resident for UK tax purposes, one way of doing this is to work full-time abroad for more than one complete UK tax year. Therefore, individuals should bear in mind that it may be worth departing the UK prior to the end of the current 2011-12 tax year to establish a period of non-residence covering the 2012-13 year.
- Companies House and HMRC Scam Alert
- Top 10 Expat Tax Tips for Individuals Moving to the UK
- Property Partnership Incorporation and SDLT
- Tax Relief For Residential Mortgages
- Overseas Pension Changes 6 April 2017