Posted by Nick Day on 12 Dec 2011
HMRC Targets Electricians
HM Revenue and Customs is planning to pursue electricians as the next step in its plan to crackdown on tax evasion.
The ‘Electrician’s Tax Safe Plan’ (ETSP) will be launched in February 2012 and offer favourable terms to those voluntarily disclosing any unpaid taxes. Anybody that does not come forward will face far harsher terms.
The campaign mirrors a similar plumber targeted campaign that was launched earlier in the year and raised £328,000 from around 600 voluntary disclosures to the Exchequer. The ‘Plumbers Safe Tax Plan’ (PSTP) also resulted in five arrests and a further 600 investigations.
We advise anybody that feels they may be affected by this measure to contact us for a free consultation.
If you would like to discuss any part of this article, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Property Partnership Incorporation and SDLT
- Overseas Pension Changes 6 April 2017
- Top 10 tax tips for expats moving to the UK
- Overseas Workday Relief (OWR) – Relief for non-UK business travel
- Main Residence Exemption – Update on Recent Court Cases