Posted by James Pearson on 07 Apr 2011
Enterprise Investment Schemes & Venture Capital Trusts
The rate of income tax relief given under the Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) will be increased from 20% to 30% with effect from 6 April 2011, subject to State aid approval.
Subject to this approval the following changes will be made from 6 April 2012;
- An increase in the thresholds for the size of qualifying company for both EIS and VCTs to fewer than 250 employees and to the company having no more than £15million of gross assets before the investment.
- An increase in the annual amount that can be invested through both EIS and VCTs in an individual company to £10million.
- An increase in the annual amount that an individual can invest through under EIS to £1million.
Proposal for the Enterprise Investment Scheme
The Government will consult on further changes to the schemes including a proposal to give additional support through the EIS for seed investment.
Specialist Tax Planning Services
If you would like any advice regarding investment schemes or would simply like to discuss other ways in which we could help you, please contact us on 01962 856 990or email email@example.com.
- Property Partnership Incorporation and SDLT
- Overseas Pension Changes 6 April 2017
- Non-Resident Landords
- Tax on Lump Sum Payments from Foreign Pensions
- Changes to the Taxation of QNUPS