Posted by Tax Innovations on 15 Dec 2011
Capital Allowances: Annual Investment Allowance
The Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) limit will remain at £100,000 for expenditure until 31 March 2012.
For a business that is not incorporated and limited liability partnerships, this old limit of £100,000 applies until 5 April 2012.
The AIA, which provides 100% upfront relief for qualifying plant and machinery expenditure, will reduce to £25,000 per year from these dates.
However, although in many cases it may be beneficial to advance expenditure, transitional/timing issues mean that delaying expenditure may also be beneficial.
Contact Tax Innovations about your Capital Allowances
If you would like to review how the transitional period impacts your business, please let us know.
- Property Partnership Incorporation and SDLT
- Tax Relief For Residential Mortgages
- Non-Resident Landlords – UK Tax Update
- Overseas Pension Changes 6 April 2017
- Top 10 Expat Tax Tips for Individuals Moving to the UK